What is Kaal Sarp Dosh?
The dreaded Kaal Sarp Dosh in the Kundli/Kundali or birth-chart of an individual arises when all the other planets i.e Sun, Moon, Jupiter, Mercury, Mars, Saturn and Venus are placed between the planets Rahu and Ketu. This effectively means that one half of the Kundli is left empty.
The literal meaning of the name Kaal Sarp Dosh- ‘Kaal’ means time, ‘Sarp’ is snake/serpent and ‘Dosh’ means fault, and in this case it is the positioning of the planets. Rahu is known as the head of the Snake and Ketu is known as the tail portion of the Snake, therefore they are part of the same.Rahu and Ketu are known as shadow planets and Rahu is a mysterious and secretive planet who bring mysterious situations, illnesses and such other things in life.
Effects of Kaal Sarp Dosh
The malign Kaal Sarp Dosh or Kaal Sarp Yog is considered very inauspicious and life can be full of struggles, miseries and unhappiness in almost all aspects of life. The native may face financial problems, chronic health problems, legal matters, delay in marriage, accidents while travelling in vehicle, problem in career front, job or business suffering, self confidence is lost, sometimes may lead to imprisonment, loss of ancestral or hereditary property, unhappy married life and many such distressful situations.
Every individual who has the Kaal Sarp Dosh in Kundli has the placement of Rahu and Ketu in different houses in the Kundli or Horoscope with the other planets placed between them and based on that the malefic effects differ. There are 12 (twelve) Kaal Sarp Doshas as per the positions of Rahu and Ketu in the Kundli:-
- Anant Kaal Sarpa Dosh – Rahu is the first house or in Lagna and Ketu in the seventh house. The effects – Health issues which may get serious, people close to native may conspire against, disruption in married life, may take to dangerous addictions, loss in legal cases.
- Kulika KaalSarpa Dosh – Rahu in second house and Ketu in eighth house. The effects – Health conditions are not good, education/studies are hampered, increase in expenses, mediocre financial condition, eating and drinking wrong type of food and beverages which may affect health.
- Vasuki Kaal Sarpa Dosh- Rahu in third house and Ketu in ninth house. The effects – Luck does not favour in most spheres of life, problems in family members, discord with brothers and friends and sometimes they may speak ill and behave in a jealous manner with the native, special attention should be given to legal documents.
- Shankpal Kaal Sarpa Dosh – Rahu in fourth house and Ketu in tenth house. The effects – Problems in area of land, house or any unmoveable property and vehicles or conveyance. The native is dissatisfied with money always, frequent job changes and sometimes joblessness for long period of time.
- Padma Kalsarpa Yoga – Rahu in fifth house and Ketu in eleventh house. The effects – Problems related to children or child birth and sometimes incapability of having any child, unfavourable for native to indulge in speculation of any kind.
- Mahapadma Kaal Sarpa Dosh- Rahu in sixth house and Ketu in twelfth house. The effects- Negative thoughts and approach to life, relationship disharmony with spouse leading to arguments, sleepless nights, debts. Native may live in foreign land away from wife and family.
- Takshak Kaal Sarp Dosh- Rahu in the seventh house and Ketu in first house or Lagna. The effects – Married life is affected adversely and business partnerships too, so native needs to be careful. Physical aspects of excessive weight or being too light in weight maybe there, nervous system may get effected, psychological problems maybe there.
- Karkotak Kaal Sarp Dosh- Rahu in eighth house and Ketu in second house. The effect – Lack of compassion and feelings for others, short temperedness, irritation, ill mannered, earn many enemies, loss of ancestral property, anti-social behaviour and activities, may be contaminated with sexually transmitted diseases.
- ShaankaChood Kaal Sarp Dosh- Rahu in ninth house and Ketu in third house. The effect- Sudden losses, including that of finance, injuries, anti-spiritual or anti-religion activities, lying. House or vehicle being suddenly damaged by natural calamities, mental anxiety and high blood pressure problems. Too many ups and downs in the life of the native.
- Ghatak Kaal Sarp Dosh – Rahu in tenth house and Ketu in fourth house. The effect – Problem with mother which may lead to disconnect or mother may have health issues, may be inflicted with serious physical or mental illness, legal cases and punishment, Bad name/ scandal in profession.
- Vishdhar Kaal Sarp Dosh- Rahu in eleventh house and Ketu in fifth house. The effect – Earning money maybe through illegal activity/profession, instability in life, may have problems with children, travelling frequently. Chances of Imprisonment
- Sheshnaag Kaal Sarp Dosh- Rahu in eleventh house and Ketu in 6th house. The effect – Problems related to job. Litigation, losing cases, ill health, enemies.
The effects of Kaal Sarp Dosh are very severe and to get relief from the negative effects performing the Kaal Sarp Dosh Nivaran Puja is a very effective remedy. There are various places like Kaal Sarp Dosh Nivaran PujaTrimbakeshwar etc. People also may choose to book online Kaal Sarp Dosh Nivaran Puja.